Jay is an experienced litigation attorney who has worked for two of the largest law firms in the United States. Over his 14 years of practice, Jay has handled lawsuits covered by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, among others. He has litigated numerous cases on behalf of and against Fortune 500 companies, with some of his cases involving seven, eight, and even nine figure disputes. Having relocated to Southwest Florida, Jay continues to focus his practice primarily on insurance disputes, complex business disputes, probate disputes, and construction disputes. Jay prides himself on effectively counseling long-time Florida residents, as well as, "snowbirds" and international clients to navigate and thoroughly understand the often unique laws of the State of Florida.
Jay is currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey. He is also admitted to practice before a number of federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court. Prior to practicing law, Jay graduated with honors from the Management Department of Gettysburg College and Magna Cum Laude from Villanova University School of Law, where he was a member of Law Review. Jay is also an active member of his church and a former NCAA All-American soccer player who enjoys outdoor activities and spending time with his wife and two children.
- Lead defense counsel in a shareholder's derivative lawsuit against a former director, which resulted in the plaintiff paying the defendant to settle the counterclaims' asserted in the lawsuit;
- Lead defense counsel in a complex business litigation, probate litigation, and structured sale of one of Southwest Florida's most famous restaurants and hotels, resolving an almost 10 year dispute;
- The first attorney in Pennsylvania to successfully assert a claim of negligent misrepresentation pursuant to the Restatement (Second) of Torts Section 522 on behalf of a landowner against an environmental consulting firm retained by a lending institution that negligently performed a Phase I;
- Favorably resolved numerous breach of covenants not to compete claims and employee piracy claims advanced by a Fortune 500 company;
- Second chaired a multi-million dollar AAA arbitration against the Cleveland Cavaliers and the National Basketball Association in New York City;
- Served as lead defense counsel in a multi-party federal litigation in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania involving complex, constitutional issues surrounding the First Amendment and the Petition Clause;
- Served as co-counsel for the one the world's wealthiest investors fighting for control of a large multi-national corporation, resulting in a favorable outcome for the client;
- The first attorney in Pennsylvania to interpret certain insurance policy provisions and/or exclusions in a manner that resulted in judgment in favor of client without the need for trial;
- Defended and prosecuted a number of wrongful death and survival action cases;
- The first attorney to successfully assert an Unfair Competition claim pursuant to a "catch-all" provision of the Restatement (Third) in Pennsylvania; and
- Obtained a high six figure result in a business dispute involving a complex, conflicts of law analysis and involving issues pertaining to non-competition, confidentiality, and non-disparagement clauses.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2004, Magna Cum Laude
Gettysburg College, B.A., 2000, (With Honors)
- US District Court, Middle District of Florida
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- United States Supreme Court